- 18 December 2020
- Group News
Please see the Covid-19 Vaccination leaflets and some key messages sent by the local CCG which will give you more information and hopefully answer some of your questions.
Covid-19 Vaccination Leaflets:
Our three key messages for local people are:
- The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is safe and effective. It will give you the best protection against coronavirus
- The vaccine is one part of our defence – we still need to continue with ‘hands, face, space’.
- The NHS will let you know when it is your turn to have the vaccine. It is important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.
Key information for patients about the coronavirus vaccine
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people most at risk from coronavirus.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is safe and effective. It gives you the best protection against coronavirus.
The NHS will let you know when it is your turn to have the vaccine. It is important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then. Please wait to be contacted.
At this time, the vaccine is being offered in some hospitals to:
- some people aged 80 and over who already have a hospital appointment in the next few weeks
- people who work in care homes
- health care workers at high risk
The vaccine will be offered more widely, and at other locations, as soon as possible.
The Covid-19 vaccination is very important to protect us from the virus but it will take time to roll out so we still need to continue to take the usual precautions to stay safe.
Further questions about the Covid-19 Vaccine will be answered at our meeting on 19th January as we have invited Dr Gareth Hull who is the Kingston lead on Diabetes in the SW London CCG to speak to us about vaccination.